One or more lists can be created for any template. Questions may require a list if they are of type: Drop down, check box or radio button. Lists for a template can be found under 'Manage lists' in a templates charm bar:
A list may have one or more list items and each item has a set of properties. Two of these properties are display and value. The display is what the user see’s when completing the template and the value is what is stored in the reporting table.
Best practices in assigning the list value
- The value should represent the display value (This way someone reading the value can understand it, without needing to reference the display value)
- Some common terms should be used across all values (across all templates) such as GT to represent greater (>) than or LT to represent less than (<)
- We recommend being consistent in casing, so either make the value all upper case or all lower case. We do prefer upper case just because this is most consistent with Healthcare terms, example, SNOMED terms are all upper case.
- Do not use spaces, underscores or any special characters
The example given was a list called BMI Status, I have offered some possible suggestions for the value property in square brackets,
- Underweight (<18.5) [UWLT19]
- Normal (18.5-24.9) [NL19TO25]
- Overweight (25-29.9) [OW25TO30]
Following best practices will ensure it is easier to maintain templates and create data-sets in the Analyzer module.